Me and my support team my hubby Brett

Me and my support team my hubby Brett
Belinda and Brett

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Raby Bay

I raced at the sprint distance race at raby bay today.  This race was my first triathlon race 2 years ago so I always use it as a bit of yard stick in terms of my triathlon journey.  I am surprised at how far my times have come down. Today I finished in time of 1hr 21min compared to my time of 1:40min 2 years ago.

I love going to races as it is great chance to catch up with all the crew from BTS, have chat and cheer each other on. Sadly we were beaten by Red Dog at the Club Champs ( my husband Brett will be happy as he trains with them!!)

The only downer from today is that I managed to drop my Garmin off the bike. It wasn't safe to stop as it was on a blind corner. I am hoping someone might have handed it in to USM at some stage. Whilst not a deliberate attempt to get a new toy, I was thinking of upgrading from the 405 to the 310 to use at Ironman (maybe I will have to go and see Robson at Active Stride http://www.activestride.com.au/ sooner than I think!!!

As soon as finished today I also made a call to my husband Brett who was racing the Half Ironman down in Canberra. Due to the lake closure it was a duathlon with the swim being replaced by a 4km run which suits him fine.  He finished in 4hrs20 a great time ( I am very proud of him as he has worked really hard). He placed 30th in age group which is great result in a very competitive age group.

I am going to take it easy now until my ironman program starts on the17th Jan ( 20 weeks out from Cairns).  I am not very good at taking a break because I really enjoy my training but I will try and rest up over christmas to ensure I am mentally ready.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Belinda, great to see you're taking the plunge! Maybe we can do some training rides together in the new year.

    ReplyDelete