Me and my support team my hubby Brett

Me and my support team my hubby Brett
Belinda and Brett

Sunday, December 19, 2010

I love my bike

Whilst my official 20 week program doesn't start until 17th Jan I have decided that the more time on the bike the better.  We are going to be very good friends over the coming months. ( I was telling my coach Mark that I love my bike the other day- he said we will see if that changes after few months on the IM program!!)

I have had the bike for about 3 months now. If I was honest the main reason for the upgrade was the love of the hot pink and white frame. ( A girl can never have too much pink in her life!! The guys at NRG http://www.nrgcycles.com.au/ sorted me out with an upgrade ( Thanks Gav, Rob and Erin).  I think my bike was one of the last left in Australia in this colour scheme.   My husband also set about adding extra pink bling with pink bar tape and pink tyres. Whilst my bike does look very pretty I have soon learnt that it rolls a lot faster than my old bike. I am fairly clueless when it comes to bikes however when my husband was talking about stealing the dura-ace race light wheels off it I figured the wheels must be good!!

My NZ IM squad buddies Alicia, Sarah and Brad were off to Caloundra for 120km ride today via Mt Mee. Lucky them!!  Jac, Faye and I joined in for about 40kms then headed home for coffee (about 80km round trip). I am sure the full ride will be one I will have to do in the coming months.  The legs were hurting as we hit the first of rolling hills outside of Petrie. Thankfully it started to get easier after about 20kms.

Our conversation turned to the Cairns course at one point which is apparently undulating. I guess every IM course has its own challenges so I am trying not to worry about it.  My husband always says to me there is no point worrying about something that is 6 months away.  I think that approach is good to keep in mind. If you break the challenge down into bite sized pieces instead of focusing on the whole thing then it seems far less daunting.

It was hard to keep my resolve to do the ride this morning as I had 3 xmas parties yesterday to attend.  Everyone at the Red Dog Tri Squad Christmas party last night was telling me I was crazing riding today (I figured you should never take advice from someone who has had 10 beers....)  Once I make a commitment to do something though I see it through. Whilst tempting to stay out later and sleep in this morning I am glad I made the effort. (I guess that's another training session in the bag for me)

1 comment: