Me and my support team my hubby Brett

Me and my support team my hubby Brett
Belinda and Brett

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Week 5- Recovery Week- Kind of

I awoke on Monday morning after racing the half ironman feeling quite stiff. I couldn't even touch my toes not a great start to the week!! After a few stretches and some walking around things started to feel better. My mind kept on turning to the fact that I was racing double this distance in 5 weeks time. OMG

Despite burning a large number  calories the previous day I really wasn't hungry but really wanted a nice breaky so forced myself to eat some eggs and salmon.  Racing the long distance stuff is so different to Olympic distance or shorter races. Normally after these races you feel like eating the contents of the fridge but it seems the longer you race for the less you feel like eating.

We drove back from Port Mac on the Tuesday.  7hrs in the car plus a yummy bakery stop off at Woodgate and we were home. I struggled through a 30 min run that night but it was good to turn the legs over.

I met a few friends for a easy river loop the next morning.  I was supposed to run Thursday morning but my plantar facititis has reared its ugly head again so I took the morning off.

I struggled through my 3.5km swim set and 1.5h run on saturday morning, the weather was turning cold and all the port mac ironman crew were no longer at the pool for company. Jac was away racing at Byron racing so I was all on my own!!  Motivation levels were waning.  I got up on Sunday morning at 5 for a riverloop before meeting the Reddog group for a ride to mountain cotton. It was nice to have the company for a few hours before another extended riverloop to rocklea and home. 141kms in 5hrs45 plus a 30 min run off the bike. I felt pretty good considering I had raced the half the previous weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment