Me and my support team my hubby Brett

Me and my support team my hubby Brett
Belinda and Brett

Monday, February 7, 2011

18 weeks- More Swimming/ Sprint Race

Started the week feeling a little tired from the driving out to Gundy on the weekend. Thankfully I had rest and night off swimming monday night.

Tuesday night was my first 800 time trial ( normally swim in the little kids session, but up graded to the big kids session and the 50 metre pool.  I am starting to feel more comfortable in the water.  I managed my TT in 14:20 which I was happy enough with. 

Wednesday morning was a squad ride, along the corso. We encountered a bit of rain and mixed with the remaining mud from the floods on the road I looked like had been mountain biking by the end of the session. Brett was not happy to see me get into the car covered in all the muck after I spent and a lot of money the previous weekend getting the inside of the car cleaned. Oh well...

Another swim Wednesday night and another time trial. This time a 400 metre. I was feeling a bit tired from the night before but managed a 7 sec PB of 6:42.

Thursday morning was my favourite session of the week Robson's run. We did efforts up over the goodwill bridge. That hurt but it is a good feeling. Robson dished out a bit of HTF when I was tempted run back to SouthBank the short way, instead I did a easy 15 min run with Jac E via the Victoria Bridge. Glad I did it.

The week finish with a sprint race at Caloundra.  I enjoyed a BBQ with IMNZ and IMOZ crew.  The IMNZ and some of the IMOZ people were doing there 200km ride from hell.  I was very proud of my friends Sarah and Alicia who knuckled in and got it done.  I think the main thing about that ride is that it prepares you mentally for a long day at IM.   The girls are going to go so well at IMNZ. I can't wait to be there to cheer them on and gain motivation from their efforts. The ride will be scheduled for me in early May. I am hoping after a good few solid months on the bike I will feel less daunted by this ride. 

Race day at Caloundra. It was again pouring with rain. So I was soaked before I even got my bike into transition.  The swim was good I felt pretty comfortable but disappointed when I looked at my watch after I stood up on the beach in 8 mins for a 400 metre swim. Everybody was saying the tide was against us and this was confirmed  as I still managed the 9th fastest swim in my age group out of 50 girls.  The top placed girls were about a minute in front of me so was I was happy with my swim efforts.  I managed to avg 32km per hour on the bike even in the pouring rain which gave me a rack to rack time of about 28 mins for the 15km.  The run was hard work even though it was only 4kms it still hurt. I managed to sit on 5:05min/km pace for most of the way. Running is not my strong point however 12 months ago I would be doing well to hold 6min km pace so I have come a long way.  The funniest thing was I managed to catch up to a girl in the last km. I decided I would have a go at sprint finishing her to the line. That didn't work out so well for me as she beat me over the line by 1 second. Oh well bit of laugh ( I don;t really have much competitive spirit). Overall finished 13th in my age group so happy with that.

See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment