Me and my support team my hubby Brett

Me and my support team my hubby Brett
Belinda and Brett

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Week 10- Recovery week

Things eased off a bit this week with a recovery week. I really enjoyed a couple of sleep ins and one complete rest day on Monday.  Its amazing how refreshed you feel when the volume drops off a bit.

I had a 30 min run Tuesday night and then on Wednesday morning met the recent IMNZ finishers plus a few others for a easy river loop. It ended up pouring with rain by the time we got to coffee but it was nice to see everyone.

Thursday night was a swim session ( approx 2.5km) and Friday morning  I did the squad windtrainer session.  Brett bought me a new windtrainer after i managed to stuff the last one ( don't let me near anything mechanical!!!)  I had to muck around with the tension on the back tyre and someone mentioned they could smell burning rubber. Clearly I didn't have the tension right and I could barely turn over the peddles so more tinkering required.   We did a few runs off the bike around the block.  It made me smile as I ran past a couple of guys who shouted at me common love you can catch them ( I was a bit off the back of the main group).

Saturday morning I did my 3km swim set, followed by 1hr 30min ride. Thankfully the heating was fixed at the pool as Thursday nights swimming was freezing!!!. We had a group of 4 so it was nice to have a bit of a social girls ride as well.

On Sunday morning I met some of the others training for Cairns ( Jac, Ray and Andrew) for a ride out to Mt Mee via Petrie. As per usual we encountered "rummed up bogans" to qoute Jac. Its a lovely way to start the morning with some yobbo slobbering out the window at our group yelling "f....heads". I fail to understand the aggression some drivers show towards cyclists, especially at this hour of the day when there is hardly another car on the road and plenty of room in all 3 lanes for us all.  All I could do is laugh at the situation.

We got through about 120km in just over 5hrs and it was nice to have the boys along to push the pace a little bit towards the end. 

I am going into a 3 week hard block and I am looking forward to the new challenges. The rides are stepping up to 5.5hrs and I am guessing there will be some running off the bike coming in soon.

On a final note I am banning myself from the kitchen ( good reason why Brett does most of the cooking) I managed to splash hot oil on my forearm whilst cooking fish tonight. Thankfully only have a few minor burns on my arm. Brett was at work so I had to cook. ( there is the problem!!!)  Hopefully I will only end up with a few skin bubbles. Silly numpty I am. 

Take care until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment