Me and my support team my hubby Brett

Me and my support team my hubby Brett
Belinda and Brett

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Week 13

Week 13 has rolled around, and the clock is winding down to that important date of 5 June 2011.

I have 3 rest days this week. This can't be good. I am guessing I am going to get hammered next week. Coach Mark has said the first 8 weeks of training is only the entree to Ironman training. The real work starts in the last 12 weeks.

I put in a good solid effort over the weekend on the bike with 180kms covered in 2 sessions.  Saturday morning was supposed to be an easy ride. I turned up at the Valley Pool to met my friend Kate.  The Red Dog ride was leaving at the same time and I got roped in by Brett and Kate to doing the ride.  So much for my easy ride. We did 3 hours through the hills of Gap Creek and Brookfield.  I kept on thinking bloody hell I hope Cairns is not like this!! I felt like I was being spat out the back of the group on every hill. Thankfully there were a few of us who plodded along together.   I made Brett buy me breakie at the Villager afterwards. They have awesome coffee and fruit toast.  The St Patrick's Day parade was just about to kick off on George St so we sat outside and watched over breakfast.

Sunday morning was 4 hour ride with my sister on the Gold Coast. I ended up being dragged along to a 40th birthday party at Burleigh at the last minute. Being the party animal I am these days I drank soda water and we left as early as politely possible after the cutting of the cake.

The Sunday ride was lovely we rode along the coast from Helensvale to Currumbin Valley. The Gold Coast is so well set up with great wide cycle ways.

I always wait with nervous anticipation for the email from coach Mark on Sunday night revealing the coming 2 weeks program. Thankfully my friends Sarah and Alicia ( recent IMNZ graduates) I told me what to expect. The volume has stepped up and there is lots of running but I am looking forward to the next challenges in the program.  BRING ON WEEK 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment